Let me introduce to you my take on Dabiz Muñoz’ pork rib tacos, that are wonderful. I couldn’s ask for anything more from this famous chef. They were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, not a drop of sauce, nor crumb was left…
I couldn’t resist, I’m an unconditional fan of this chef, he is the most disruptive right now in the Spanish scene. I’ve been twice already in Diver`xo and both experiences have been sublime. I’ve also been in StreetXO several times, each time as extraordinary as the last.
Dabiz stews like the angels, and with me, he has always been quite charming.
This is why, I needed to make the dishes that he created/posted during lockdown. I’ve already made 2, these ribs and the lentils with asian luxe shrimp, both are fabulous and one of a kind, and of course delicious!
Wine: Aire de Protos
To pair these special tacos, I’ve chosen my favorite Summer 2020 wine. Since I first tried it, am hooked! it is subtle, fresh and gourmand, perfect for idleness; an absolute pleasure.
Below you can find the wine’s details, and please please please drink it at the suggested temperature.
Grape variety: Tinta del País 100%.
Alcohol by Vol.: 13,5%.
Vineyards: Estate grown in Valladolid moors. ● Planted 19 years ago. ● Height: 950mts a.s.l.
Features: ● Manual harvest 10 days before normal harvest to obtain more aromas and less concentration of polyphenols. ● Direct press without maceration. ● Fermentation with indigenous yeasts in cement vats at 15ºC. ● Aging on lees for a few weeks.
Color: Attractive pale rosé color.
Nose: Delicately suggestive with red & white fruits’ aromas, peach and subtle floral notes.
Palate: Silky and tempting wine with a fruity & gourmand finish.
Serving Temperature: 8 – 9ºC.
For this recipe, He uses his own sauces that can be bought at El Corte Inglés, but you can use the ones you normally use, if you don’t have access to them.
- Cook the ribs with vegetables
- Prepare the glace, while the ribs cook
- Roast & glace.
- Prepare the raita
- Cut the red onion
- Prepare the tacos.
Here you can see the chef preparing it (is in Spanish).
Without further ado, below the recipe, although time consuming, if you follow the instructions, it is not that hard, and the end result will more than make up for it.
This dish is perfect for a summer dinner party, since you will have everything ready and they just need to prepare the tacos.
Ingredients for prepararing Dabiz Muñoz’ pork rib tacos for 4:
1 pork rib rack
Ingredients for the pork rib rack:
- 1 white onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
- 1 leak
- 1 bunch of saffron
- 200ml white wine
- 2 garlic cloves
Additional: Red onion
For the glace:
- 200g Ketchup (preferably Dabiz Muñoz’)
- 200g Brava sauce (preferably Dabiz Muñoz’), if you can’t buy it in your area, click here for the recipe.
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 7 tbsp of ginger beer (ginger ale can also be used)
- 1 leaf of fresh oregano
For the raita:
- 200ml greek yogurt
- 100g green olives (gordal)
- chopped chives (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- cumin (to taste)
- 100ml olive oil
- 50ml lemon juice
- chilli peppers (to taste)
- shredded garlic (2 cloves)
- Salt (to taste)
- your favourite mustard
¿How to cook Dabiz Muñoz style pork ribs tacos?
Elaboration step by step.
1.- Cook the ribs with the vegetables
- Cut the ribs every 4/5 bones, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place them in a pot with diced onion, tomato, carrot & leak.
- add saffron, white wine & fried garlic.
- Cover the meat with water and cook at low heat until the rib is tender.
- When they’re ready, take them our and keep the broth for later.
2.- Prepare the glace
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. The sauce must be completely integrated & soft.
3.- Roast and glace the ribs:
- Daub the pork leisurely and put them in the oven for 140ºC. Let them finish cooking.
- Every 10/15 minutes daub the sauce into them
- Finish them with a quick heat in the grill so that the glace adheres and give it a delicious touch!
4.- la raita:
- Chop the olives and chives
- Grind the black pepper with the cumin and salt until you get a fine powder.
- Take our the seeds and veins of the chilli pepper, shred the garlic.
- Churn the yogurt until spongy and mix the rest of the ingredients, until completely integrated.
- Give it a touch of mustard and sprinkle salt.
5.- The red onion:
- Julienne cut the red onion. Dip it in iced water until it loses strength.
6.- Preparing the tacos
- Separate the bones from the ribs and spread the sauce from the roasting.
- Heat the mexican tortillas
- Place the meat on top of the tortilla, followed by the onion, raita and ENJOY!
- Place 2 dishes with raita and roasting sauce, in case anyone wants more.
Don’t dare throw away the broth used to cook the ribs. You can take the fat out and use it later for a special rice.
Don’t be afraid when glacing every 15 minutes. Remember that the ribs are cooked, you are only bettering them.
During the last step, when I put the rack in the oven for glacing, I placed some potatoes in the same tray so it’d cook in its uses and took them out as aperitif…everyone loved them.
Raita is a typical indian dish and it is used to ease the intensity in their dishes, specially if they are too spicy. It is delicious, easy to make and healthy! you can use it for a lot of dishes, I normally make it as a side dish when making curry.
This post was created by Concha Bernard, cocinayaficiones.com