Today, 9th of February, is World Pizza Day. In Italy is a great reason to get together. everybody gathers around the kitchen to talk whilst making the dough, They take their apperitif, which can be wine, while waiting for the dough to ferment.
It has been said that the first white pizza, came to be as an experiment to calculate the temperature of the oven. The variables between the ingredients are so capricious that they need careful supervision. It has been confirmed that before the arrival of tomato from America, the napolitans prepared it with garlic, basil and olive oil. Can you imagine how many ideas, dreams or discoverings were made while waiting for the dough to ferment?
Now with all the variety of ingredients that we have on hand, it is perfect eith shrimp, leeks & zuchini and for this amazing pizza we selected an elegant and whimsical wine, a Protos Clarete, that gives that enhances the shrimp and gives tha palate a red fruit bomb. In a way is like going back to Monte Testaccio, the artifical hill during imperial Rome, filled with broken amphorae of olive oil and wine that came from Hispania, so from here.
To elaborate the pizza dough, we use flour and yeast from El amasadero a specialized online store in Spain, but you can get one anywhere.
For the dough (makes for 2 medium pizzas)
- 500g of special pizza flour
- 290g-335g lukewarm water
- 10g salt
- 2g special pizza yeast
- 100g peeled raw shrimps
- 20g butter
- 1 leek
- 1/2 golden zuchini
- 80gr shredded mozarella
- 1 burrata ball
- Prepare the dough the day before.
- for this you need to place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them until the dough is well incorporated.
- cover the bowl with plastic film and let it ferment 8 hours at room temperature.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls, and place them in different tuppers to ferment another 24 hours in the fridge.
- Before making the pizzas, take the dough out and place them in a flat surface previously sprinkled with flour. Let them rest there for another 2 hours at room temperature.
- Prepare the toppings: leave our the green part of the leek, cleanse and cut the leek and golden zuchini into slices, sautée them in butter with a pinch of salt and let it rest.
- Preheat the oven at 250ºC at least 25 minutes before placing the pizza inside.
- Stretch the dough to make a circle as thin as you wish and spread the mozarella on top . It’s white so it won’t have tomato.
- Place the leek and zuchini slices throughout and the raw shrimp.
- Place the pizza in the oven until golden.
Serve it with the burrata in the middle and a glass of Protos Clarete! Buona giornata della pizza!