Bodegas Protos. I+D, Investigación y desarrollo

Research & Development: Protos innovates.

Getting deeply committed to research is one of the Bodegas Protos’ defining features. Furthermore, the combination of research, development and innovation (R+D+I) has helped build the leading position we have today in this field,not only in the Ribera del Duero area but also all across Spanish wine and vine-growing sector.

In keeping with the company motto of Ser primero ("Being First"), we have been continuously dedicated since 1927, the winery’s founding year, to improving and discovering new technologies for wine making.

Nowadays our technical team, made up by a dozen of oenologists, engineers and chemists, combine expertise and youth. This, together with a total of 3.4 million Euros being invested since 2007 to present, is the firm basis for a continued progress towards finding new ways to fulfil always a single aim: an ongoing improvement to make the best wine.

News


12 | 05 | 2010

BODEGAS PROTOS BECOMES IN OFFICIAL HEADQUARTERS OF DEMETER PROJECT


Bodegas Protos will become the official headquarters of Demeter project in which PROTOS participates since 2008.  A day in which it will conduct a technical review of the report Zenith Demeter and present the objectives and results for the year 2009.

This is a project consisting of 25 Spanish companies linked to the wine sector,  which are 67%  wineries and the remaining 33% correspond to supporting industry companies in the sector. Due to the geographical diversity of the vineyards that make up the Consortium Demeter, has created a line of research funded by all participating, which has invested since 2008 1.2 million euros. The main objective of this project is to generate scientific and technical knowledge to enable the Spanish wine sector to meet the challenges of climate change. To do this, we have designed a test to study the two variables that will affect the Spanish weather: increased temperature and water availability. 

This research project aims to make Spanish viticulture and enology access to a leadership position in an increasingly global and changing context.

This is an unprecedented project where PROTOS had to take part.
 





08 | 05 | 2012

PROTOS HAS THE BEST VERDEJO GRAPES CLONES SELECTIONS IN ITS VINEYARDS

PROTOS HAS THE BEST VERDEJO GRAPES CLONES SELECTIONS IN ITS VINEYARDS

Bodegas Protos remains loyal to its claim SER PRIMERO (Being First). Lookin for excellence in the production of their Verdejo wine, their vineyards have the better clonal selections of the native grape, Verdejo.

• Read full news
07 | 02 | 2012

PROTOS STARTS WORKING WITH JOAQUIN COSTA CARIÑENA INSTITUTE IN AN ON LINE WINE REVITALIZATION PROJECT

PROTOS STARTS WORKING WITH JOAQUIN COSTA CARIÑENA INSTITUTE IN AN ON LINE WINE REVITALIZATION PROJECT
The purpose of this study is to promote viticulture in all types of users who have Internet access. This is an important advance that will allow the vast majority of people have free access to the world of wine, one of the most important economic pillars of our country. This institution, since 1996, offers vocational training in the field of viticulture promotes currently an online project that ...
• Read full news
23 | 01 | 2012

PROTOS REACHES FIRST TOTAL CHARACTERIZATION OF BARRELS

PROTOS REACHES FIRST TOTAL CHARACTERIZATION OF BARRELS
The main distinguishing feature of this study is that for the first time, it‘s included up to 46 different types of barrels per year, from the usual French and American oak to the more diverse from Romania and Hungary. It is well known that a great aromatic potential of grapes and taste are a necessary but not sufficient to achieve a great wine. This is also the result of a complex chain ...
• Read full news
R&D / Previous

© 2010-2018 Bodegas Protos | C/Bodegas Protos, 24-28. E-47300 Peñafiel (Valladolid, Spain). Legal notice.
protos español protos english protos deutsch protos 日本語 protos 中文 protos русский protos français